The next list of drugs which may affect with Wellbutrin is not completle:
- cancer medicine: cyclophosphamide (Neosar, Cytoxan), thiotepa (Thioplex), irinotecan (Camptosar), doxorubicin ( Doxil, Adriamycin), or
- drugs used to prevent blood clots: tirofiban (Aggrastat), ticlopidine (Ticlid) or clopidogrel (Plavix);
- HIV or AIDS drugs: ritonavir ( Kaletra, Norvir) or efavirenz ( Sustiva, Atripla); or
- heart or blood pressure medication:flecainide (Tambocor), propranolol (Inderal), atenolol (Tenormin), propafenone (Rythmol), metoprolol (Toprol, Lopressor),and others; or
- Consult with doctor if you use:
- an antibiotic ( Augmentin,Amoxil, Omnicef,Cipro,Keflex, penicillin, and others);
- bronchodilators or asthma medications;
- antihistamines that make you sleepy;
- any other antidepressant;
- urinary medications or bladder: oxybutynin (Urotrol, Ditropan and others);
- oral diabetes medication or insulin;
- a stimulant,diet pills, or ADHD medication;
- hormone replacement estrogens or birth control pills ;
- drugs to treat or prevent malaria;
- medicine for vomiting,motion sickness, nausea ;
- drugs to treat Parkinson’s;
- drugs used to prevent organ transplant rejection;
- street drugs: “speed” or cocaine;
- narcotic pain medication;
- a steroid: prednisone, and others;
- numbing medicine:Novocain or lidocaine;
- ulcer or irritable bowel drugs;
- theophylline ( Slo-Bid,Theo-Dur, Respbid, Bronkodyl Theolair).
Serious side effects may include:
• severe skin reaction fever, followed by a red or purple skin rash that spreads, swelling in your face, swelling in your tongue, sore throat,burning in your eyes, skin pain.
• trouble concentrating, confusion,unusual behavior or thoughts, hallucinations; or
• fast heartbeats;
• convulsions (seizure);
• swollen glands, fever, joint pain, rash, itching;
Less serious side effects may include:
• ringing in your ears, dry mouth,stomach pain;
• loss of interest in sex;
• headache, muscle pain, nausea, dizziness ;
• sore throat;
•changes in appetite;
• skin rash, increased urination or increased sweating, mild itching
• weight loss or gain.
Immediate release tablets:
six to eighteen years:
Greater than fourty kg: 100 to 250 mg/day in two divided doses (investigational).
thirty one to fourty kg: 75 to 200 mg/day in two divided doses (investigational).
twenty to thirty kg: 50 to 150 mg/day in two divided doses (investigational).
Sustained Release: 400 mg given as 200 mg 2 a day
Immediate Release: 150 mg orally three times a day.
Maintenance dose: 75 mg orally three times a day.
Initial dose: 75 mg orally 2 a day.
You shouldn’t take Wellbutrin if you take the next drugs - phenelzine (Nardil), furazolidone (Furoxone), rasagiline (Azilect), isocarboxazid (Marplan),tranylcypromine (Parnate), selegiline ( Emsam,Eldepryl, Zelapar) or in the last fourteen days.
Don’t use this drug if you have the next problems with your health:
• if you are using 2nd form of bupropion; or
• a seizure disorder or epilepsy;
• bulimia or anorexia (an eating disorder);
• if you have suddenly stopped using sedatives or alcohol.
This drug may cause seizures . Go to your prescriber at onceat consult with him, if you have any medical conditions.
Your prescriber may to order special tests or adjust your drug(Wellbutrin) dosage :
• a history of seizures, head injury, or spinal or brain cord tumor;
• high blood pressure,heart disease, history of heart attack;
• manic depression (bipolar disorder).
•liver disease ; or